Do you want a whiter smile? If you’ve noticed your teeth looking dull or discolored when you look in the mirror or pictures, you may want to consider trying a teeth whitening treatment.
Teeth whitening is one of the most common cosmetic dentistry procedures. Professional teeth whitening provides dramatic results in a relatively short period of time. Most patients will see drastically whiter teeth in just one treatment. There are other teeth whitening options available in take home versions and over the counter whitening products you can purchase.
If you’re considering teeth whitening, you may have some questions. One of the most frequently asked questions is: How much does teeth whitening cost in Concord, NH? Here’s what you can expect in terms of price range.
Average Cost of Teeth Whitening Treatments
There are a wide variety of teeth whitening products available in stores and through your dentist’s office. Here are some of the most common types and their average price ranges in order from least effective to most effective:
- Whitening toothpaste: $2-$5. By far the least expensive and also the least effective option, whitening toothpaste may scrub off a few surface stains when used for a few weeks, but won’t likely produce any dramatic results.
- Whitening pens/wands: $10-$15. These consist of a wand or a pen that you use to apply bleaching gel directly to your teeth. They are minimally effective, and may provide you with slightly noticeable results after a few weeks of use.
- Whitening strips: $40-$50. Whitening strips are some of the most effective over the counter whitening products. They consist of clear plastic strips that fit over your teeth containing a bleaching agent. The plastic strips mold to your teeth so that the bleaching agent is spread evenly over the surface and also protected from your lips so that it won’t rub off.
- Take home whitening trays from your dentist’s office: $70-$300. Depending on the product your dental office provides, take home whitening treatments range in price. But these options are highly effective and comfortable due to the customized trays that are created for you to wear while the bleaching agent works.
- Professional in-office whitening treatment: $300-$600. By far the most effective teeth whitening option is in-office whitening treatment applied by your dentist. The biggest difference is the specialized light that is used to accelerate the bleaching process by activating the gel. Your dentist can also control how much bleaching agent to apply in order to give you a customized, natural appearance.
What Factors Affect the Cost of Teeth Whitening?
You’ll find that prices for teeth whitening vary based on a variety of factors, including:
- Brand of treatment. There are different brands of over the counter and professional whitening treatments. Some brands are more expensive than others, but the cost is usually closely proportional to the product’s effectiveness.
- Type of treatment. In-office whitening costs more than over the counter products because you are paying for your dentist’s time and expertise as well as the quality of the product.
- Geographic location. Where you live and where your dentist’s office is located are important factors in the cost of whitening treatments. The cost of living in an area affects everything from the price of products in stores to professional services provided.
- Your dental office’s pricing. Each dental office that offers in-office teeth whitening will set their own price based on the cost of the product and the time it takes to administer it.
Interested in Teeth Whitening? Contact Dr. Laurie A. Rosato’s Office
If you’re interested in professional teeth whitening, Dr. Rosato’s office provides Zoom!Ⓡ teeth whitening treatment. We have found this brand to be the most effective of the in-office whitening products, providing immediate, dramatic results that still look natural. In just one treatment, you will have a noticeably whiter smile.
Is the cost of teeth whitening too much for your current budget? Financing can make it more affordable. Ask about our financing options when you come in for a consultation.