Dental Veneers in Concord
Laurie A. Rosato, DMD along with Jay and Manisha Patel, DDS, provide dental veneers in Concord, New Hampshire. Call 603-228-9276 or contact us today to learn more and schedule an appointment. As cosmetic dentists, we strive to be at the forefront of veneer technology.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are a cosmetic treatment used to improve your smile. They are thin, shell-like covers for your teeth that conceal imperfections such as discoloration, chips, gaps, and uneven lengths. Veneers attach to the front side of your teeth and wrap slightly around the sides, but they don’t cover the whole tooth the way a crown does. Dental veneers are typically only needed on the front row of teeth that are visible when you smile.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
Dental veneers offer a variety of benefits:
- Conceal imperfections. Veneers fix slight or even significant imperfections in the teeth, including stubborn stains that teeth whitening treatment can’t remove and worn down teeth from years of grinding.
- Natural look. Veneers resemble tooth enamel for a natural appearance that won’t look fake or overdone.
- Quick smile transformation. Dental veneers are a quick way to transform your smile that doesn’t require months or years of treatment like braces or Invisalign.
- Low maintenance. You take care of your veneers the same way you take care of your natural teeth. Brush twice a day and floss once a day. Schedule an appointment every 4 to 6 months for a cleaning and oral exam.
- Stain resistant. Veneers are resistant to stains from food and drinks, meaning you won’t need to whiten them periodically the way you do your natural teeth.
Are You a Good Candidate for Dental Veneers?
Do you have healthy teeth that don’t look their best? In order to be a good candidate for dental veneers, your teeth need to be healthy. If you need any restorative procedures, such as fillings, those will need to be done first before you can receive veneers. The purpose of veneers is usually cosmetic, to improve the appearance of your teeth yet sometimes veneers are also done for the health of your teeth.
Why Choose Dr. Laurie Rosato and Drs. Patel?
Dr. Rosato and Drs. Patel provide a wide range of dental services, including cosmetic dentistry. The appearance of your teeth can be just as important to you as your dental health. You should be able to smile with confidence, and cosmetic procedures like veneers can help. If you want to improve your smile, we provide various cosmetic options. We’ll discuss your smile goals and create a treatment plan that will give you the results you’re looking for. You can trust us to provide you with a natural looking smile that will last.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dental Veneers
Are veneers permanent?
Veneers are attached to the teeth with dental cement. They can be removed, but only by your dentist. A thin layer of enamel is removed to create space and an ideal surface for the veneers to adhere to, so once the teeth are prepared for veneers, they must remain covered.
What are veneers made of?
Veneers can be made of porcelain, composite resin, or prefabricated resin. Porcelain veneers are the most durable and the most realistic, but they are also the most expensive. Composite veneers cost less, but may not last as long as porcelain. Prefabricated are the most affordable, but they are not custom made to fit your teeth, so they may not be as comfortable or natural looking.
Are veneers covered by insurance?
Veneers are a cosmetic procedure, which means they are not covered by insurance. They can be financed to divide the total cost into affordable monthly payments.
Do veneers require special care?
Taking care of your veneers is no different than taking care of your natural teeth. You should still brush twice a day, floss once a day, and come into our office every 4 to 6 months for cleanings and exams.
To learn more, call 603-228-9276 or contact us today to schedule an appointment.